Sm corporation are the best Tmt Bar dealer in assam because their TMT bars are manufactured by advanced Turboquench process, which results in a tough outer surface with a softcore. This, in turn, provides good bendability. While most bars are produced by cold twisting. Sm corporation TMT bars are produced through thermomechanical treatment. This result is superior corrosion-resistance characteristics compared to traditional cold twisting bars because there are no residual tensional stresses in the bar.
In a series of tests, concrete beam-column joints, reinforced with Sm corporation TMT bar, were subjected to repeated reverse loading with inelastic strains. These simulation tests were conducted to evaluate their performance during an earthquake. The result showed a uniformly maintained ductility till failure due to uniform entry dissipation during each cycle.
How Sm corporation TMT bar are Manufactured in Assam:-
- Extraction of iron from its ore and converting to steel: In this process, the raw materials, such as iron ore, coke, or fluxes (Limestone and dolomite) are used to extract iron which is kept in the molten state. Then, this molten iron is subjected to pre-treatment and converted to steel in a converted and is then subjected to ladle heating for refining the chemistry of the steel. After this step, the molten steel is poured into a casting machine to produce billets (pencilingots) of about 130 mm2 or more.
- Heating, rolling, and forming of reinforced bar: The steel billets are heated to approximately 1200°C (2192 F) TO 1250°C (2282 F) and then rolled to reshape the billets into the final size and shape of reinforced (rebar) bypassing the billets through mill stand.
- Quenching: When the hot reinforced bar leaves the final rolling mill stand, it is instantaneously quenched – a type of heat treatment where the rebars are rapidly cooled by water in a quenching box to obtain certain material properties. Quenching prevents the occurrence of undesired processes such as phase transformations. It accomplishes this by reducing the time frame during which these undesired reactions have a higher chance of occurring. Also, the sudden drastic change in temperature toughens the outer layer of the steel bar, thus enhancing its tensile strength and durability. This is because quenching converts the outer surface of the reinforced bar to Martensite, a hard form of steel, and causes it to shrink, which in turn pressurizes the core, thus helping to form the correct crystal structures.
- Self-tempering: After leaving the quenching box, a temperature gradient is formed through the cross-section of the quenched bar. As a result, heat flows from the core, as it is at a relatively higher temperature to the outer surface. This causes the correct tempering of the outer martensitic layer into a structure called Tempered Martensite and the formation of an intermediate ring of Martensite and Bainite (a plate-like microstructure). The core still stays in the austenitic (a typical cubical crystalline structure, commonly called as gamma-phase iron) state at this stage.
- Atmospheric Cooling: After the self-tempering process, the bars are subjected to atmospheric cooling to equalize the temperature difference between the soft inner core and the hardened exterior. Once the bars are completely cooled down, the austenitic core gets transformed into a ductile ferrite-pearlite structure.
SM Corporation is a prime dealer of Tata Steel products sells the Tmt Bar dealer in assam. We provide TMT bar at all the state if Northeast includes Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, and Nagaland and also provide at some of the major cities include Agartala, Dibrugarh, Dimapur, Golaghat, Jorhat, Sivasagar, Tinsukia, Aizawl, Imphal, Kohima, Shillong, Itanagar, and Guwahati. Contact Us for further details.